Motherhood is a gift to be cherished. Sharing thoughts and adventures with our children is what we are about.

Wednesday 22 June 2011

1st Tooth!

So since the last time I've blogged my daughter has cut her first tooth... this week actually! Its quite surreal when you think that I have waited a long time for her tooth to come through- when I actually believed that her eye tooth would be coming through and now her front right tooth has arisen from her gums. And I am very excited :)
We even made Pancakes to celebrate this mile stone occasion.
I didn't even know that she was even teething- sure the signs were there: rash around the mouth, rash on her bum, but she wasn't really miserable or groggy, as far as I could tell. But the other day I had an urge to feel her gums and boom there it was: a hard sharp edge gnawing at my finger.
So now we wait for the next one(s).
I think part of this teething episode, and otherwise my child's extraordinary brilliance she has learnt click her tongue to make clicking sound, and does it especially when we do it first. She loves to copy, to our delight. I love it when one can follow on developments of our children, delighting in them and melting like marshmallows in their hands as they charm the socks off us! It"s pure bliss being a parent. That bliss slowly dissipates when they wake at night, the cold winters night, when the last thing you want to do is get out of bed. Thank goodness I am sleep training. Soon we will have wake-free nights.
Until next time, enjoy your TinyTot and remember: Motherhood is a gift to be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...