Motherhood is a gift to be cherished. Sharing thoughts and adventures with our children is what we are about.

Friday 10 June 2011

Foodies time...

Feeding Solids has become more of a challenge lately for me, as my little one has become a bit of a picky eater. I am quite a picky eater myself, and I was hoping to eliminate that being passed on the my next generation, but let's see how that goes.
Ever mother will know that feeding solids in the beginning is hair raising, as your baby has no idea to open its mouth when the food comes, and also has to slowly get used to the taste of the new substance in its mouth. This is an ongoing process trying to introduce  new foods and tastes and textures to your little one. But it gets easier as time goes by.
But now I have the typical Television model of a baby who, when food comes near her mouth, starts pursing her lips or sticks her tongue out blowing raspberries, never mind that i have put so much effort into cooking and preparing this food for her. Now when I try to show her that she will actually like it, she will shake her head down, or to the side; needless to say that she will then have porridge or butternut in her hair, ears, cheeks, you name it. To my frustration and to her excitement! She looks so proud of herself when refusing to eat- trying to show me that she is Boss! She has another thing coming for her...
Sometimes I feel like monster mom, as  I get so frustrated with her trying everything in her power not to eat (although once she does get some food in her mouth-she actually likes it), I then hold her head and "force feed" her, but only when i know she actually likes it. I'm not that horrible... Once you step back and observe the damage, the food has then fallen everywhere, and planted itself all over her- hence the fact that she gets a bath AFTER her supper time. But the food has dropped on her legs, between her legs and chair, on the high chair table front, even I am full of it sometimes! Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I want to cry! depending on my mood-which is very unpredictable still! who says hormones go back to normal after pregnancy? (see my post Hormones Shmormones).
Though times are frustrating the odd day arrives when she decides to actually open her mouth willingly and eat. It is rewarding to find that she is enjoying her mouthfulls. As long as she is getting some food in her tummy for nutrients etc I am happy.
So, enjoy feeding your little one, it is memorable times, and
Until next time, enjoy your TinyTot and remember: Motherhood is a gift to be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...