Motherhood is a gift to be cherished. Sharing thoughts and adventures with our children is what we are about.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Little Miss copycat...

Every morning when Ava wakes up we bring her into our bed and I feed her her morning dose of milk and we cuddle. During her playing she tries to wake up her very sleepy but appreciative of the attention Dad. It's really very cute as she coo's and calls for her "Dadada". He of course is very happy and enjoys the cooing and love that he gets. an occasional sloppy kiss does come his way too. Most of the time it's only a slap on the head or a poke up the nose.
A few days ago Dad was still asleep as usual and she was sitting up playing with mommies lip ice- which is her standard toy in the morning; singing and chatting away to herself. Then dad started snoring, not too loudly, but quite clearly snoring. She looked up, quite confused at the sound of this new jingle she had never heard before, carried on playing and imitated his snoring sound! Haha. I can't tell you how funny that was. She obviously can't snore but she made like a "chhhhh" sound from the back of her throat. I laughed so loud- waking up my husband, who in his half sleep had heard this copycat imitation. It was too cute for words.
Out little ones are so funny when they reach a stage of coping everything mommy and daddy, or even older siblings, do. This is why we need to be careful what do or say from now on: Something I have learnt very quickly. At 11 months My darling follows me everywhere I go, copies the sounds I make, and most of the time tries to imitate the words I say too. It's not just us she copies- she even mimics the dogs when they bark. They bark and she says "woooof". I screech: she screeches too.
I really do enjoy the copycat moments. But there comes a time when it gets a bit much.
On a hot spring day like yesterday it was nice to take my darling for a visit to the beach- where I could teach her to play in the sand. She loved it despite the sandy ears and mouth. She even copied me hitting the bucket whilst building a sand castle. Which she destroyed in seconds anyway. But it was fun to enjoy the day out to show her a bit of the world!

Sweetie Ava Enjoying the beach.


She loves the sand between her fingers and toes :)


Watching dad have a surf. GO DAD!!


Playing in the splash pool afterwards to get the sand off...

So let your little ones copy you, but beware of the things you say and do that could potentially be upsetting to you.
Until next time, enjoy your TinyTot and remember: Motherhood is a gift to be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...