Motherhood is a gift to be cherished. Sharing thoughts and adventures with our children is what we are about.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Teeeeething pains....

Teething is probably the most painful thing for both mom and baby. Not only do we as mothers feel helpless and frustrated, but also your Child is suffering and miserable, causing yourself to become more frustrated. Can you tell that my child is teething?
She is up allot at night now, which is unusual to us as she has been a pleasurable baby and sleeping through the night since 9 weeks. I might be sounding like a spoilt mother, but I am serious: I am tired and getting fed up with being up for three hours or more at night. I am not used to this and therefore am like a drained tap: tired and Energy-less. And while my daughter can have naps during the day- I have other chores to do as a Housewife and mother. On the other hand I want to have naps too, but then lay down and all the chores I should be doing are running through my head! So whats the point?
What I do realise is that this is just a season and it will pass. There is so much more to motherhood and raising a child!
Just this morning my husband and I agreed that even though during the night we get so frustrated and want to give up this parenting thing because we are tired and have had enough of interrupted sleep. But the next morning when our Princess wakes up the grass is green again; and during the day when she lays and coos and laughs at us playing the fool, all those nasty thoughts go away and all the cuteness makes up for all those hard nights. We forgive our children and have the willpower to do it all over again! It's a beautiful and God-given act. 
I do feel so sorry for them: their little bodies are in such pain and have to learn to deal with this new feeling of pain and discomfort. Their little fingers are very busy being chewed or being used to feed hard, welcome toys to soothe those itchy sore gums. My daughter loves her Biltong: Its hard and chewable and the bonus is it tastes good!
As must as I am loathing the teething stage, I am loving the new stage of sitting and exploring, and definitely enjoying the personality peeping through showering me with smiles and love! 
Until next time... enjoy your TinyTot and remember: Motherhood is a gift to be cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...